Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gamblin'

Jack Elliot- Roving Gambler

Opening track from his 1974 self titled album off Vanguard. This song and this album!





THE DEAD!





"I would compare 'Dead' music to how bbq got its start. what some considered junk meat was turned into a mouth watering delicasy by slow cooking it." - Youtube commenter

Ah, long may you run chev202. I don't know how to respond to this comment either on this blog or on youtube. I also don't remember the birth of bbq or its long road to success. It is my guess that chev202 is talking about the long, drawn out dead jams where they really "stew" or "bbq" songs to build suspense and create a mouth watering finish that goes best with Sweet Baby Ray's.

There are a lot of stupid people that like the Grateful Dead. However, no hippies are going to ruin it for me. The tracks I like are those about drinking, gambling, robbing, women, etc. To me this is all content that doesn't resonate with hippies, sans drinking (wine). If you don't think the Dead was or could be badass then check out pictures of Pig Pen, dude. Throw the tie dye in the bonfire and enjoy this tender meat...









No comments:

Post a Comment